Voor onze klant zijn wij op zoek naar een Middelware Engineer.
Passende kandidaten kunnen worden aangeboden tot maandag 3 juli 10.00 uur.
Max. tarief: € 55,-
Aanvang: per direct
HPC / Middleware Engineer:
This position works as part of an engineering team that supports infrastructure and middleware utilized in seismic processing and other workflows. The role is within the High Performance Computing Services department.
This organization is seeking an High Performance Computing (HPC) engineering resource with 5 or more years experience. In addition to above, this role is focused primarily on HPC middleware software, job statistics and reporting (IBM Platform Analytics), and job scheduling (IBM Platform LSF) solution design, development, deployment, and support. We are a large and diverse High Performance Computing (HPC) environment, in a heavy seismic and simulation environment.
Installations & deployments are on a global scale. You will work with staff from different countries with cultural differences. There will be needs for support work outside of standard working/ office hours.
We are seeking a resource rich with HPC industry experience and on-the-job expertise with:
Required skill set (must-have):
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and above, or equivalent Linux (3 yrs experience, high-skill level)
* Relational Databases: MySQL, Oracle (highly desirable; 2+ yrs experience, proficient-skill SQL level)
* Programming and scripting skills: C (& Pro C) / C++, Python, Perl, shell scripting, PHP, etc. (3+ yrs experience, must-have a few or all, high-skill level)
* Real tape/ tape environments (experience is a "plus"; drives, libraries, tape/ remote tape operations, etc.)
Preferred skillsets (nice-to-have) in addition to required skillset:
* Code/Version Control Tools: SVN, CVS (2 yrs experience, proficient-skill level)
* IBM/ Platform LSF v9 and above (major "plus"; 3 yrs experience, high-skill level)
* IBM/ Platform Application Center, PAC (1-2 yrs experience, moderate-skill level)
* IBM/ Platform Analytics, Vertica, and Tableau (1-2 yrs experience, moderate-skill level)
* IBM/ Platform RTM (1-2 yrs experience, moderate-skill level)
This role has day-to-day responsibilities which include, but not limited to:
* Projects and Day-to-Day support activities
* Debug and resolve HPC cluster/ scheduling issues effecting performance, usability, stability, etc.
* Provide IBM Platform Analytics (PA, Tableau) support, installation, upgrade functions and ad-hoc report requests
* Consult on the design and development of new/ multiple middleware and scheduler components
* Integrate scheduler/ LSF and other tools/ applications
* Produce and maintain technical and support procedures/ documentation
To be successful in this role, you will be relied upon to utilize these skills, not limited to the following:
* Strong team player; openly share knowledge in a collaborative manner
* Strong communicator; skilled working in a team and distributed environment