SCM support Specialist
SCM Support Specialist
Start date: 06/06/2017
End date: 31/12/2017
Hours a week: 40
The software engineering infrastructure (SEI) group is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 1000 product software developers within ASML. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and supports the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
This infrastructure is critical for the timely delivery of high quality software to the ASML customers and availability and performance issues directly influence the software development productivity and efficiency.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product developments and on the other hand safeguard the stability, reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our ASML customers.
The complexity and size of the environment requires close collaboration between the support specialist responsible for the different domains (e.g. software configuration management, development, build, test and patch and release environment and the supporting infrastructure) to swiftly respond to customer questions and issues. Therefor this job will give you the opportunity to work in a large team of skilled software lifecycle management specialists.
Maintain and modify the implementation of the ASML software development environment, in co-operation with the internal customer and SCM architects.
• Take ownership of the software development environment, specifically the build and SCM modules, as provided to the internal customer.
• Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
• Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope.
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support.
• Strong partner in discussions with SCM system architect.
• Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
At least Bachelor degree or equivalent.
• Any relevant experience and proven experience in large technical software development environments
• Experience with at least one of the SCM tools used within ASML: ClearCase, git, subversion, Atlassian tools (BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo)
• Experience in Linux/Unix environment
• Experience with shell scripting, perl, Ruby, python
• Experience with Eclipse framework
• Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
• Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
• Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
• Service minded approach.
Context of the position
ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is Competence Center Product; this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development organization. Within this competence center there are three solution teams: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The SCM Support Specialist will be active in the software engineering infrastructure team.