Start date: asap
Duration: 31/12/2017, with option to extend
Hours a week: 40
The Design environment comprises a complex landscape of EDA Applications supported by High Performance compute/storage environments consolidated in 4 regional datacenters. The design environment is used by over 10.000 designers located over 35+ premises. The state-of-the-art infrastructure has over 15.000 cores and few PBytes of data, serving over 2000plus CAD applications & versions. The infra services team are located globally.
NXP is evolving from a traditional semiconductor company to a provider of system solutions. Software is playing a key role in the products of NXP, next to hardware which is getting ever more complex. In line with these developments, the number of software designers working on NXP products has grown for years and is expected to keep growing in the future. That’s why NXP IT has initiated a project to improve the IT support for software developers of NXP. One of the key objectives is to develop a compelling software engineering environment, such that current shadow IT solutions can be phased out. Security is a key requirement.
For this project we are looking for a technical infrastructure engineer and Linux specialist. Your main job will be to develop (components of) the supporting IT infrastructure. You will create detailed designs and implementations in the NXP IT infrastructure. You will take care that your deliverables comply with the IT architecture and fulfill the applicable security requirements. Also, you will contribute to the automation of IT service request fulfillment (for example, automated delivery of virtual machines which software developers can request via the IT service portal).
Tasks / Assignment
- Contribute to the IT architectural design of the SW engineering environment
- Create detailed designs of IT components of that architecture
- Implement newly developed components in the NXP IT infrastructure
- Development of IT services to software engineers of NXP
- Automation of IT service request fulfillment (from request to fulfillment)
- Transfer the newly developed IT components and services to IT operations
- Work closely together with software engineers of NXP to understand their needs
Experience with complex technical IT environments, preferably in a Research & Development setting. Linux expertise is a must. Expertise in the area of automated IT service delivery and configuration management (Ansible Tower). Experience with the support or use of software development tools – especially in the context of IC development - is an absolute pre. Examples are ARM compiler, QAC, QAC++, Coverity, Jenkins, etc. We are looking for a flexible team player to work together in an international multi-site project team with software designers and operational IT resources. You must be willing to take various roles in the project: one time you will be developing, the next time you will be testing the work of your colleagues.
- Master or bachelor degree in IT
- RHEL certification
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- support experience in complex technical environments
- trouble shooting skills
- Agile / scrum development methods
- High proficiency in English
- Familiarity with software methods and tools